Sunday, January 22, 2012

Review of Improv'Eat Coconut Pure Wraps and RKC Program Update

It's Sunday January 22 - I'm 2 weeks into my 30 Day Total Transformation. It's Day 15.....Had a tough workout today - the Day 2 workout of my plan from Mike Perry, Skill of Strength. He has written a 3 day kettlebell workout plan for me, and I will do it for 4-6 weeks.
Day 2 consists of:
TGU 4 on each side - 3x10kg and 1x12kg

Grease the Gear (GTG) Chinups - done in sets of just 1 - total 10 for the day - during the workout, I got 7 in and finished the last 3 throughout the day.

Single arm deadlift - 4x5 each arm - 20kg (patiently waiting for my new bells (16kg, 24kg, 32kg) from DragonDoor - hopefully tomorrow, then I can go heavier on my deadlifts and swings)

Clean, Squat, Press Complex - not putting bell down until all reps are done in the set,
2,3,4 X 4 sets each side - 3X14kg and 1x12kg

Single arm swing 6x16 (8 each side) - 1x14kg, 3x16kg, 2x20kg

Felt good, a bit tired though.
Things I'm working on: hip hinge, hip snap, and letting bell float on my swings and proper alignment on TGUs.
How'd I do today? I think I did much better w.my hip hinge, snap and letting the bell float. When I single arm swing the 20kg bell, the handle is thick and so I'm noticing my hand and forearm get fatigued very quickly. I hope that as I swing the more, my hand will become accustomed to having the heavier bell in it. I'd hate to be feeling great on my swings, but to be limited by my hand strength.
My TGU is getting better, but still not close to where I would like it to be.

After workout, I immediately had some sweet potato and my CoCa Smoothie to recover (coconut milk, frozen banana, almond milk, raw cacao powder and nibs, raw honey and maca).
Other food today included for Breakfast: eggs, scrambled in coconut oil w.Canadian bacon and regular bacon, Lunch: grass-fed beef taco w.homemade salsa and avocado in a Improv'Eat coconut wrap, Snack: Berries and Dinner: Thai Chicken Stew w.zucchini, broccoli and kale w.a baked sweet potato on the side. Want to know more about the coconut wrap I ate w.lunch? Read on!

Improv'Eat Pure Wraps Coconut Flavor

Improv'Eat is the company that makes the coconut wraps, made simply from coconut meat and coconut water and Himalayan sea salt. The wraps are raw and are gluten free. They come in plain or curry. Since I'm not a huge fan of curry flavored things, I got just the plain wraps to try.
They come 4 wraps to a package for $4.99, so a bit pricy at just over a dollar a wrap. One wrap has 60 calories, 2.5 g fat (Sat fat), 8g carb, less than 1g fiber, less than 1g sugar, 0g protein.

The texture is interesting, sturdy and soft yet pliable. At first, I was worried about putting moist ingredients in the wrap, but they are durable, not sogging up, at all. They are easy to wrap up into a roll up or a burrito.
The taste is not overbearing, with a subtle coconut flavor.

So overall, it's got nice texture, good flavor and it makes a good alternative to a tortilla. The one drawback is the price: 4 for $4.99 plus shipping can get pricy.

Here's some examples of how I used the wraps:

Breakfast Burrito with Scrambled Eggs and Whitefish


Grass Fed Beef Burger Wrap with yellow pepper, avocado and parsley

Good stuff.
Coming up, Thai Chicken Stew and a review of Paleo Snax Almond Raisin Paleo Cookie

No comments: