Sunday, October 19, 2008

CSA

My CSA is over :( I still have a bunch of carrots, potatoes and winter squash kicking around, and the farm stand is still open for a couple more weeks, so I'll stock up on what I can.
I made a meatball vegetable stew with Stillman's awesome lean ground beef from the Belties on their farm. The meat is ~93-95% lean, and is rich in Omega-3 fatty acids. First I made the meatballs and browned them on my flat griddle.

I cut up yellow and orange carrot from the farm, some red potatoes (also from the farm) as well as some celery, onion and garlic, and sauteed them all in a Dutch oven.
Once the aromatics and potatoes cooked for a bit, I added diced tomatoes, chicken broth and Stillman's cabbage and let that simmer for a short time before adding in whole wheat flax pasta.
I also added back the meatballs to cook them through.
It was delicious - nice for the cooler weather that has crept up on us.

No comments: