I am inundated with veggies and fruits. The corn is outstanding, and the peaches are out of this world. New this week are their apricots. They are reddish orange in color, and not fuzzy. Tasty nonetheless.
I do not have a picture, but I wanted to post the recipe for the Ginger Lemongrass Beet Gazpacho I made 2 weekends ago. It came out spicy and refreshing. We had it hot on the day I made it, and cold the rest of the time.
Here it is (I posted it on a cool website, www.recipezaar.com):
Ginger Lemongrass Beet Gazpacho
Your review has been submitted for approval and will appear shortly.
Write a Review! (optional)
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 small sweet onion, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 fresh lemongrass, trimmed to the middle white part, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger (peeled and minced or grated on microplane)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 bunch beet, peeled and chopped (~6 medium beets)
- 6 cups vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaf, finely chopped
- 1 lime, juice and zest of
- In a large Dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the onions, carrots, celery, garlic, lemon grass, ginger, salt, pepper and coriander to the Dutch oven. Cook, stirring frequently, for 7-8 minutes.
- Add beets and vegetable or chicken broth to Dutch oven; bring to a boil and then reduce heat and simmer, uncovered until beets are tender, 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Allow soup to cool, then process in a food processor, or with an immersion stick blender until smooth.
- Stir in cilantro and lime zest and juice; check for seasonings and add salt and pepper as necessary.