Saturday, September 6, 2008

My own little garden

So, this summer I decided to try my luck at pot gardening (no, not gardening pot!!!). I planted peas, cluster cherry tomatoes, yellow pear tomatoes, red peppers, thai hot peppers, watermelons and pumpkins, as well as a variety of herbs.
I've done surprisingly well with all of it.
My tomatoes are growing out of control - I guess you could say I have my own method of keeping up with them. Here are some pics:

The Tomato Conglomerate
After the rain has fallen
A bunch that I picked yesterday
My peppers are doing great as well and they are just starting to turn red. Here are some pics:

Here are the Thai hots; they are supposed to turn red, but there is no indication that they are turning or that they are going to turn. They do smell very fragrant and I bet they are going to burn.


Now, the "piece de resistance": my watermelon!
I know, it's huge.
I didn't even think I had any melons (hah, don't go there)....the pumpkins did not come out. They flowered, but never grew any fruit.
I thought the same of the watermelons, and then one day, this little guy popped out. I'm going to keep him on there to see what happens.
I am inspired enough to try planting in the ground next season. I'll just have to do some heavy duty squirrel proofing, as well as deer, rabbit, turkey, you name it, we've got it proofing.
I'll let you know how the melon turns out....

No comments: