Friday, September 19, 2008

Eggplants

My CSA is at about week 12, I think. The eggplants have been abundant!

In honor of this big bulb of a veggie, I've been making Baba Ganoush. This is very easy to make. It basically is hummus, but made with eggplant instead of garbanzos.

The first step is to poke holes in the eggplant, all around it.

Second, roast the eggplant either in the oven or grill. Use a medium heat (375ish). I used the grill and roasted the eggplant indirectly.

The eggplant will start to shrivel up and when it's good and shriveled, pull it out.

Wait for the eggplant to cool a bit, then cut it open and pull out the pulp (I put it right into a food processor).

Next, add some garlic; how much depends on how much you want to stink (in a good way).
Add some sesame tahini. Sesame tahini is sesame seed paste. Delicious, confirmed.

A squeeze of lemon juice, and the zest of the lemon, some S+P, and process away.

I do not add olive oil until the end, when I drizzle it on top.
Eat it as a dip or spread or just off a spoon.......

No comments: