Thursday, January 10, 2013

A Quick Dinner: Smoked Chicken Saute w.Zucchini Noodles

Last Thursday I had to come up with a quick dish to make. I was starving, and didn't get home from my kid's dance class until after 6pm.
I had onion, garlic, golden cherry tomatoes, zucchini, broccoli, cilantro and a smoked chicken breast from Chestnut Farms, a local farm to work with...so here's what I did.
Sauteing the garlic and onions in coconut oil

I minced the garlic and sliced the onions and gave them a saute in coconut oil....
I used a vegetable peeler to make long slices of the zucchini into "noodles" and set them aside.
I chopped the smoked chicken breast into bite size pieces and also set them aside.

After the garlic and onion softened up, I added in the broccoli and tomatoes to cook for a couple of minutes, until broccoli was still crisp and the tomatoes started to split open. The smoked chicken went in next - it was already cooked and only needed to warm through.
Zucchini noodles go in last for a quick wilt


Since I wanted a little sauce, I added in about 1/2 cup of coconut water and 1-2 TBS coconut concentrate (which is whole coconut in a concentrated form - I get it from Tropical Traditions). I let that simmer down for only a brief minute and added zucchini in last, just to wilt.
I finished the dish with a squeeze of lime juice and chopped cilantro. It took minutes to prepare and was really satisfying, and provided me w.a few meals worth of food.

Dinner is served!


Stock up your pantry w.some key ingredients such as coconut water or coconut milk, aromatic veggies (your onions, garlic, carrots, celery), some fresh veggies and proteins and a meal is just minutes away :) Enjoy!



No comments: