Saturday, January 2, 2010

Asian Salmon Quinoa Patties

I made some beautiful Asian inspired salmon quinoa burgers (or cakes, or patties, whatever you'd like to call them). When I cooked for a client this past week, I roasted a nice looking piece of wild pink salmon. I had some quinoa made already, and so I combined it with the salmon, along with Asian flavors such as ginger, tamari, sesame, scallions and cilantro.

My oil of choice for this project was Rice Bran oil, an oil high in antioxidants (Oryzanol and Tocotrienols). It has a slightly nutty but not overpowering flavor, and it has a high smoke point. I used it to saute the ginger, scallions and garlic until softened, before adding them to the salmon and quinoa. I also used it to cook the patties.

To bind the patties I used an egg and some quinoa flour.
The patties browned up nicely.
The patties were very hearty and 2 of them made a delicious and filling lunch.

1 comment:

Kari said...

Looks delicious. My husband doesn't like seafood at all, but thinking my daughter might like these. I know I will.