Friday, July 4, 2008

CSA Week 2

Ah, the bounty continues.
This week I got pretty much the same as last week, with the addition of some zucchini, summer squash, English peas (shelling peas) and gorgeous spinach.
I have been eating yummy salads with the peas, arugula, mesclin mix, radishes and red leaf lettuce.
I have been using the strawberries in my smoothies, along with strawberry Kefir and vanilla whey protein. Today I threw in a banana, peach and nectarine. Yum.
Most of the produce I will use over this weekend into next week on the Cape as we are off to visit the beach for a week. My regular Tuesday pickup therefore will actually be moved to next Saturday.....

English peas


English peas shelled

Some of the goodies

Golden beets

I hope to use the beets for a cold ginger borscht. The zukes and squash will most likely end up on the grill. I'll try to take some pics as I use the produce up over the week...

No comments: